Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast BowlCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
- Quinoa Bowl
1 cup uncooked white quinoa
3-4 squares vegan dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup coconut milk, lightly canned
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
2-3 tbsp. maple syrup or coconut sugar
1 pinch sea salt
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
Hemp seeds or chia seeds
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer for 2 minutes, using your hands. Sort through and pick out any discolored pieces or pebbles. Drain.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add quinoa and toast for 3 minutes to dry up water and slightly toast; stirring often.
- Stir in almond milk, coconut milk, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and cook uncovered for 20-25 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Once liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender, remove from heat and add cocoa powder, maple syrup and vanilla (optional). Stir to well combined.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. Add a bit more almond milk, cocoa powder and maple syrup, if desired.
- Divide between serving bowls. Top with coconut milk, hemp seeds, and fresh fruit if using.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for 2-3 days.