Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos
Taquitos are always great choices to get your meal started in the right direction. They even work when you want them as a main course. And, our post today introduces a crazy good type, Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos. If you are finding something good for dinner, you should never miss this dish. Yummy!
Corn tortillas are laid out, then filled with a delicious mix of shredded chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, Colby Jack chees, baby spinach, and salsa. Then rolled up and cooked until golden brown on both sides. Who can resist them? I know that I can’t. When I served them for my family for the first time, they got hooked immediately. My picky kids also gave it a nod. And I? I just fell for it as I’m a big fan of chicken, actually an chicken addict.
These cream cheese and chicken taquitos are ready in 15 minutes, from start to finish. It’s kind of a minimum amount of time to make any good meal, right? You can enjoy them during busy week days or lazy weekend. If you are hosting a game day viewing party or weekend gathering, just give these taquitos a try, too. Tasty yet quick-to-prepare, they are enough to be added to the menu. Ready to give them a try? Let’s get started!
Cream Cheese and Chicken TaquitosCourse: Appetizers, MainCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Medium
Corn tortillas are laid out, then filled with a delicious mix of shredded chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, Colby Jack chees, baby spinach, and salsa. Who can resist them? I know that I can’t.
3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
12 6 inch corn tortillas
6 oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups Colby jack cheese
1/2 cup salsa
1 1/2 cups baby spinach chopped and stems removed
vegetable or canola oil for frying
- Heat oil in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Gather chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, co-jack and spinach in a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay the tortilla flat. Add a few tablespoons of chicken/cream cheese mixture to the center of tortilla and spread out. Roll up and set seam side down in oil using tongs. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Arrange on paper towels to drain.
- Serve warm with fresh herbs or sauce of your choice.