This Drumstick Pie is sweet and tangy layers of crumbled sugar cones and graham crackers (as a crust), ice cream, mini drumsticks, ganache, and sprinkles of chopped peanut on top. It’s an amazing treat for weekend meals and small parties. I’m hosting a game day viewing party next weekend, and plan to serve this pie at dessert. It’s worth waiting for!
Drumstick PieCourse: Dessert, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
My kids and I are now big fans of this drumstick pie. The way to make it is given here, just give it a go if you get interested.
5 mini drumsticks
1 c. heavy cream
1 c. chocolate chips
1 gal. vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
2 tbsp. butter
6 sugar cones
6 graham crackers
6 tbsp. melted butter
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
pinch of salt
- To make ganache: Pour chocolate chips in a large glass bowl. In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream until bubbles begin to form around edges.
- Pour hot heavy cream over chocolate chips and add butter. Let sit for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Add sugar cones and graham crackers to a food processor, pulse until very fine crumbs. Pour in a large bowl and stir in butter, sugar and salt.
- Grease a pie dish with cooking spray, then press crust into the dish.
- Spread ice cream in any thick even layer. Top with inverted mini Drumsticks, pressing the ice cream topping into vanilla ice cream. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Pour ganache over ice cream and around inverted Drumsticks. Top with sprinkles of chopped peanuts on top. Freeze until solid, about 4 hours.