Easy Shrimp Rice
Easy Shrimp RiceCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
3 cups cooked white rice
1 large egg
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup frozen peas thawed
1 cup diced onion
1 cup finely diced carrot
2 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat.
- Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pan and stir in onions. Stir fry until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add carrots and cook for 3 more minutes, until softened. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant. Stir in white rice and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until rice is crisp.
- Push rice to the side of pan and make a well in the middle. Crack egg and stir to scramble. Cook egg and then stir into rice mixture.
- Add peas, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil, stir to combine. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Return shrimp to skillet and cook for a minute to warm through.
- Garnish with chopped scallions, if desired. Serve immediately!