Easy Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole is now one of my family’s favorites! It’s a delicious mi of tater tots, sausage links, large eggs, bacon, milk, shredded Monterey jack cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, green onion, and salt and pepper (to taste). The mixture comes out tasty, flavorful and super impressive. It first captures our eyes with it appearance. When we first gave it a try, we fell in love with them right away.
I was recommended this breakfast casserole by my sister. Her family are big fans of potatoes (as well as tater tots). She made this for her family and they all fell for it. Then, I have a lot of move to turn it into our homemade work. And it actually works! My family give it a nod and add it to the list of family’s beloved foods. Yummy!
If you are finding something good for breakfast, you should never miss this easy tater tot breakfast casserole. Get out of the bed 1 hour earlier in the morning and make good meal for family. It’s worth, right? It might be hard to do this the whole week but few times is definitely possible. Let’s get started!
Easy Tater Tot Breakfast CasseroleCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole is now one of my family’s favorites! It’s a delicious mi of tater tots, sausage links, large eggs, bacon, milk, shredded Monterey jack cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, green onion, and salt and pepper (to taste).
2 (9oz) packages breakfast sausage links
1 (32oz) package tater tots
12 large eggs
1 pound bacon
1/2 cup milk
1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded or divided
1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook sausage in a skillet until cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and drain skillet of all fat. Slice into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add bacon in skillet and cook until brown and crispy. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble well.
- Arrange Tater Tots in a single layer in baking dish.
- Add eggs, milk, 1/4 cup green onions, salt, and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine. Stir in cooked sausage and half of cooked bacon.
- Add in 1 cup Monterey jack cheese and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Stir to combine.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over tater tots.
- Bake in preheated oven until mixture is set and, about 40-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cheddar cup cheese on top. Return to oven and continue to bake for about 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with remaining crumbled bacon and green onions. Serve.