Mamaw’s Chicken & Rice Casserole
Mamaw’s Chicken & Rice CasseroleCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
3 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
2 cups instant white rice
1 (10.75oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 (10.75oz) can cream of celery soup
1 (10.75oz) can cream of mushroom soup
½ cup butter, sliced into pats
salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease sides and bottom of a casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add chicken, water, rice, cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, and cream of mushroom soup together in casserole dish. Stir to well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper. Spread butter evenly over the top of chicken mixture.
- Bake in oven until the rice is tender and chicken is cooked through, about 1 hour to 75 minutes.
- Remove and let it cool for 15 minutes. Serve.