One Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice
One Pot Creamy Chicken and RiceCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts) , cut into 1-inch pieces
1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
3-4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow onion , diced
2 carrots , peeled and shredded
2 celery stalks , chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat virgin olive oil in a 3-quart pot over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken thigh pieces, season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add diced onion and garlic and continue to cook for 3 minutes. Add carrots and celery.
- Increase heat to high and add chicken broth, then stir in rinsed rice.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Stir again, cover with a lid. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked; stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve warm.