One Pot Garlic Butter Chicken and Rice
One Pot Garlic Butter Chicken and RiceCourse: DinnerCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Medium
6 skinless chicken thighs
1-1/2 cups long grain white rice
1-1/2 cups low-sodium, fat free chicken broth
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dried Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme, or any other dried herbs of your choice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
4 tbsp. butter
1 yellow onion, diced
4 large cloves garlic, minced
1-1/2 cups hot water
chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss chicken thighs with paprika, dried thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large oven-safe skillet on medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until garlic is lightly browned, and onion is translucent.
- Add rice to skillet; stir constantly for 30 seconds.
- Place chicken over rice, then pour in chicken broth and water.
- Season with Italian Seasoning and oregano, and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Cover with a lid or aluminum foil. Transfer to preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid or foil and bake for additional 15-20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan and fluff up rice with a fork.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve.