Cauliflower Garlic Bread
Swap flour with riced cauliflower in making bread, you immediately have a gluten-free and low-carb bread for breakfast. Riced cauliflower, almond flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, melted butter, and garlic are whisked until incorporated, poured into a sheet pan, and baked until the top is golden. The bread comes out tasty and flavorful. I just fall for it.
Cauliflower Garlic BreadCourse: Snacks, BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This cauliflower garlic bread is great to make all year. Sometimes, I serve it for brunch and snack. It just fits my taste buds.
3 c. riced cauliflower
6 large eggs, separated
1 1/4 c. almond flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
6 tbsp. melted butter
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. freshly chopped thyme
1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9″-x-5” loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower in a medium bowl, microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft and tender. Let cool.
- Transfer cauliflower onto a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Add almond flour, baking powder, salt, egg yolks, melted butter, garlic, and about a quarter of whipped egg whites to a large bowl. Beat until well combined, then stir in microwaved cauliflower.
- Fold in remaining egg whites and mix until just incorporated. (Mixture should be fluffy.) Fold in thyme and most of parsley.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining herbs. Bake until top is golden, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Cut into slices and sprinkle with Parmesan and more parsley. Serve.