One Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice
One Pot Mexican Chicken and RiceCourse: Main, DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Medium
5 chicken thighs
1 cups white rice, uncooked
2 cups chicken stock
1tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1 yellow onion, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, minced
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 cup salsa
Parsley minced for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season chicken with garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, kosher salt and cayenne pepper. Coat well and set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on high heat.
- Add chicken, skin side down and cook until browned on both sides, about 4-5 minutes each.
- Push chicken to the side or transfer to a plate.
- Add in olive and heat on medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 3-4 minutes until translucent; stirring occasionally.
- Stir in uncooked rice, salsa and red bell pepper. Cook for a minute until boiling.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring chicken back in skin side up.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove and let it rest for 10 minutes. Serve.