Sausage and Sweet Potato Breakfast Skillet
Sausage and Sweet Potato Breakfast SkilletCourse: Breakfast, BrunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 package (12-14oz) of pre-cooked sausage, sliced
3 cups diced sweet potato
3 cups baby spinach or kale
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp dried oregano (or thyme)
1 tbsp. minced garlic
2 tbsp. avocado oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Optional: green onions, avocado, parsley or eggs for topping/garnish
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sweet potatoes and let cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add diced onion, minced garlic, and spices. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes, until onions are translucent and sweet potatoes are about done.
- Stir in sliced sausage and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until it wilts down, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with favorite toppings.