I love eating something sweet and tangy with a cup of good tea served alongside at weekend. It makes me feel better after long days at work. This Snickerdoodle Cheesecake is one of my favorites. It’s a perfect mix of cookie dough, cinnamon sugar, granulated sugar, cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and vanilla frosting. It’s a crazy desserts for small parties.
Snickerdoodle CheesecakeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
If you need something to pamper your sweet tooth, just give this snickerdoodle cheesecake a try. Have fun!
1 log refrigerated sugar cookie dough
3 tbsp. cinnamon sugar, plus more for garnish
3 8-oz. blocks cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. sour cream
3 large eggs
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 c. granulated sugar
pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray an 8” springform pan with cooking spray.
- Add cookie dough and cinnamon sugar to a large bowl, stir until evenly incorporated. Press about half of the dough into bottom of pan. (Reserve extra dough to bake as cookies.)
- Pour cream cheese in another large bowl, and beat until smooth. Beat in sugar and sour cream and until light and fluffy.
- Working by one, add eggs, beating well between each addition. Stir in vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Pour batter over the cookie dough crust.
- Bake until slightly jiggly in the center, about 1 hour. Turn off oven and open the door slightly to let cheesecake cool for about 1 hour. Then refrigerate until completely cool, at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Roll remaining dough into small balls (about a tablespoon) then flatten slightly.
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake until starting to turn golden around the edges, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle top of the cheesecake with more cinnamon sugar. Pipe frosting around the edges of the cheesecake, garnish with snickerdoodle cookies.
- Serve immediately!