Teriyaki Chicken and Rice Casserole
Teriyaki Chicken and Rice CasseroleCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
1 chicken breast
3 cups fried rice
1 small package of broccoli, sprouts, carrots and snow peas (available at store)
- Teriyaki Sauce
3/4 cup San-J Tamari soy sauce
2 tablespoons corn starch
2 tablespoons cold water
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 small garlic clove, finely minced
1/2 cup water
- Cook fried rice according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make Teriyaki sauce, add soy sauce, water, brown sugar, honey, ground ginger, sesame oil, and garlic in a medium saucepan. Stir to well combined.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook for a minute. Prepare an baking dish.
- Combine water and cornstarch in a bowl and stir well.
- Add 1 teaspoon of soy mixture to cornstarch mixture. Then slowly pour everything into boiling soy mixture. Whisking until thicken and set aside.
- Place chicken in an 8×9″ baking dish and pour 1 cup of the teriyaki sauce over chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove from the oven and shred chicken with a fork.
- Steam veggies and then add veggies, rice and chicken to baking dish.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the leftover teriyaki sauce and stir to combine.
- Return baking dish to oven for 15 minutes. Remove and drizzle with a little more sauce and parsley if desired. Serve immediately.