7-Ingredient Fried Rice
A great dish for busy weekday’s dinner? This 7-ingredient fried rice is definitely worth trying. It’s a delicious mix of rice, eggs, carrots, green onions, frozen peas, soy sauce and toasted sesame oi. It comes out tasty and flavorful, then promises to keep your taste buds satisfied. Sometimes, I also make this fried rice for lunch when my kids are off school. They really love it!
Like many other fried rice, this egg, carrot and pea fried rice is easy to make and quick to serve. Spend only 15 minutes, and you will have a good meal. Many may choose packaged foods for dinner when they do not have time for cooking. They may work but are not as healthy as homemade food. Then, just let this simple and tasty fried rice deal with this.
If you are fans of fried rice, you should never miss this 7-ingredient fried rice. Get their recipe on hand, and you can make it whenever you have an appetite for. For those who are adopting low-carb diets, may swap white rice with cauliflower rice. Its taste may be different but is still good. More importantly, it’s friendly to your diet. Let’s give it a try!
7-Ingredient Fried RiceCourse: Dinner, LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
A great dish for busy weekday’s dinner? This 7-ingredient fried rice is definitely worth trying. It’s a delicious mix of rice, eggs, carrots, green onions, frozen peas, soy sauce and toasted sesame oi.
4 cups cooked and chilled rice
2 eggs, whisked
2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small white onion, diced
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup frozen peas
3–4 tablespoons soy sauce, or more to taste
1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
3 tablespoons butter, divided
salt and pepper
2 teaspoons oyster sauce (optional)
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add egg, and cook until scrambled; stirring occasionally. Transfer to a separate plate.
- Add more 1 tablespoon butter to pan and heat until melted. Add carrots, onion, peas and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Fry for about 5 minutes or until onion and carrots are tender.
- Increase heat to high, add in remaining butter and melt. Stir in rice, green onions, soy sauce and oyster sauce (if using). Cook for 3 minutes to fry rice; stirring often.
- Return eggs to skillet and stir to combine.
- Remove heat, and drizzle with sesame oil. Stir until combined.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.