Elvis Banana Bread
What does a loaf of banana bread serve for? Breakfast, dessert or snack? All sound great. This Elvis Banana Bread is then recommended here. It’s one of my family’s favorite. Made with all-purpose flour, mashed ripe bananas, unsalted butter, eggs, creamy peanut butter, sour cream, semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, cooked and chopped bacon, this bread comes out delicious and flavorful.
Elvis Banana BreadCourse: Breakfast, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
If you need something healthy and tasty to jazz up boring breakfast, just give this Elvis banana bread a go.
- FOR THE BREAD
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1/4 c. sour cream
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. peanut butter chips
6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 c. unsalted butter, melted
1 c. granulated sugar
- FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER GLAZE
1/2 c. peanut butter, melted
1 tbsp. powdered sugar
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Prepare a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to a large bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add butter, sugar, egg and egg yolk, peanut butter, sour cream and vanilla to another bowl and combine well.
- Add mashed bananas and stir until combined.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and most of the bacon (reserve some for topping) and transfer to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Remove and let cool for 10 minutes in pan, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Combine together melted peanut butter, powdered sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled banana bread and sprinkle with remaining bacon bits.
- Serve immediately!