Crock-Pot Spicy Shredded Mexican Chicken Tacos
Crock-Pot Spicy Shredded Mexican Chicken TacosCourse: Main, DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 1/4 cups crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup finely minced chipotles plus sauce from canned chipotles in adobo
1/4 cup honey
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Juice of 3 limes
Taco fixings such as tortillas, chopped tomatoes, Queso fresco, and additional cilantro, to serve.
- Gather chicken, crushed tomatoes, chipotle peppers, garlic, honey, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, and salt in a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low until chicken easily shredded, about 4-5 hours.
- Once done, transfer chicken to a bowl and let cool a little bit. Shred with 2 forks.
- Pour shredded chicken into pot. Mix to combine.
- Stir in lime juice and chopped cilantro. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve with enchiladas, burritos, or tacos.