These Fondant Potatoes will be the “to-go” dish in your kitchen right from the moment you give them a try. Russet potatoes are sliced, seasoned, and seared on pan until golden brown with butter, garlic and rosemary. They’re then poured in chicken stock and baked in the oven until tender. Coming out tasty and flavorful, they promise to get you hooked!
Fondant PotatoesCourse: Sides, LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Fondant potatoes are a perfect recipes to jazz up boring potato meals. They do not require much effort and are made with only five main ingredients.
4 large russet potatoes
2 tbsp. butter, cut into cubes
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
3 sprigs rosemary
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 c. chicken broth
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. Chopped rosemary, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Peel potatoes and slice into 2 inch-thick slices. Generously season with salt and pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add potatoes, flat side down into oil and cook until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Flip over and add butter, garlic and rosemary. Fry the other side until golden, about 5 more minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock and place skillet in oven. Bake until tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Top with rosemary and serve.