Bell Pepper Meat Loaves
If you are a fan of stuffed peppers, you should never miss these Bell Pepper Meat Loaves for meals. Packed with flavors and texture, they’re an appealing appetizer and a healthy dinner. When I served these at weekend meals, they got all hooked. My kids who are not fond of bell peppers, also give these an absolute nod. And you, ready to give them a try?
Bell Pepper Meat LoavesCourse: Appetizers, DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These bell pepper meat loaves are ready in 1 hour, from start to finish. I find it worth and hopefully, you also love them.
3 bell peppers
1 lb. ground beef
1/4 c. bread crumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 c. ketchup
1 tbsp. brown sugar
2 c. shredded Monterey Jack
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp. tomato paste
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp. fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare a medium baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Slice ends off peppers and finely chop (minus the stems), then set aside. Remove seeds and slice peppers into 2″ thick rings; making sure to get 2 rings out of each pepper. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Add beef, chopped peppers, bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, onion, thyme, garlic, and tomato paste to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Scoop meat loaf mixture into pepper rings.
- Whisk together ketchup and brown sugar in a small bowl, and brush on tops of meat loaves.
- Bake for 35 minutes, then top with cheese, and bake 5 to 10 minutes more, or until cheese is melty. Garnish with parsley and serve.