Japanese Fried Rice
Japanese Fried RiceCourse: Main, DinnerCuisine: JapaneseDifficulty: Easy
300 grams cooked Japanese rice
2 large eggs, whisked
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 small leek or onion, finely chopped
1 small carrot, finely chopped
1 cup lettuce, shredded
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and ground white pepper to taste
- Heat oil a wok or large pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add onions and carrot and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until soft but still yielding a crunch.
- Add cooked rice and lettuce. Stir until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Push rice to the side of pan. Crack in eggs, stir and break with a spatula until they’re almost fully cooked.
- Mix eggs with fried rice. Add soy sauce and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir until sauce and seasonings are evenly spread through fried rice.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- For the leftovers, you may store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.