Pizza Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Pizza Stuffed Portobello MushroomsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
4 Portobello Mushrooms (see notes)
4 tbsp Pizza Sauce
4 tbsp Cheddar, grated (or cheese of choice)
12 small slices Chorizo
4 tbsp Mixed Peppers, finely diced
4 tsp Onion, finely diced
1 tsp Italian Herbs
Salt & Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200c (390f).
- Remove stalks from the mushrooms and scrape out the gills with a teaspoon. Lightly coat with Oil and give a good seasoning of Salt and Pepper. Grab a toothpick/cocktail stick and pierce the mushroom 4-5 times. This will allow moisture to drip out during cooking.
- Place on a rack over a pan to catch the moisture that leaves. Bake for around 6-10 minutes or until they just begin to wilt and produce water. You want to ensure some moisture leaves, but not until they completely wilt flat. Use your best judgement based on the size of your mushrooms.
- Drain away/soak up the excess moisture then finish building your masterpiece. Use a first layer of Pizza Sauce, then Cheese, then evenly sprinkle the rest of your toppings and finish with a dusting of Italian Herbs. Pop back in the oven and grill/broil for a few minutes until the cheese starts to crisp.
- Enjoy! Oh and maybe grab some napkins. That cheese is gonna be oozey.
- Source: https://www.dontgobaconmyheart.co.uk/pizza-stuffed-portobello-mushrooms/