Vegan Breakfast Skillet
Vegan Breakfast SkilletCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
2 pounds russet potatoes, large diced
8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
2 cups baby spinach
¼ cup freshly chopped curly parsley
1 yellow onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon paprika
⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Par-boil potatoes in a pot of boiling salted water for about 3 minutes. Once done, remove and let cool.
- Heat add 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy pan or skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sprinkle with kosher salt and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes until onions are soft and mushrooms are tender and browned.
- Add red bell peppers and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Transfer vegetables to a separate bowl.
- Add remaining oil to pan and fry potatoes over medium-high heat until golden and tender. Season with kosher salt and the paprika and garlic powder to taste.
- Bring vegetables back to skillet, along with the spinach. Cook until spinach wilt.
- Squeeze in a little lemon juice and season with kosher salt.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve hot with ketchup or salsa on the side for dipping.