Avocado Prosciutto Stuffed Mushrooms
Avocado Prosciutto Stuffed MushroomsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 pound button and/or Cremini mushrooms with 2-inch caps (about 12 mushrooms)
1 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
⅓ cup chopped toasted hazelnuts or almonds
3 tbsp. champagne vinegar
2 tbsp. chopped red onion
2 pieces Prosciutto
1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
5 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
- Remove stems from mushrooms.
- Place stems and caps in a shallow baking pan. Toss with 3 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake at 400ºF for 10-12 minutes or until just tender. Remove and let cool.
- Lightly dry excess moisture from mushrooms with a paper towel. Then finely chop.
- Add champagne vinegar, red onion, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add mushrooms to vinegar mixture, along with nuts, rosemary, avocado, and remaining olive oil. Stuff caps with avocado mixture. Make about 12 mushrooms.
- Serve immediately!