Caprese Stuffed Garlic Butter Portobellos
My family have craving for stuffed mushrooms! It’s one of the bestest appetizers and side dishes to serve at daily meals and gatherings. The post today is about caprese stuffed garlic butter Portobellos, which has now been a preferred dish of my family. I came to this crazy good food by chance and fell for it since then.
Portobello mushrooms are brushed with melted garlic butter, filled with sliced mozzarella and tomatoes, then grilled in the oven until cheese is melted and golden in color. The food ends with drizzles of balsamic glaze and sprinkles of salt on top. Well, my mouth waters when reading here. “give them a try and your taste buds are all in a treat”. This is what my husband comments on these. Yummy!
If you love mushrooms and want them for today’s meals, you should never miss these caprese stuffed garlic butter Portobellos. Although they are super duper impressive, they’re WAY easier to make than you think. Spend about 10 minutes and this crazy good dish will be available at your dinning table. Let’s get started!
Caprese Stuffed Garlic Butter PortobellosCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Portobello mushrooms are brushed with melted garlic butter, filled with sliced mozzarella and tomatoes, then grilled in the oven until cheese is melted and golden in color. The food ends with drizzles of balsamic glaze and sprinkles of salt on top.
- Garlic butter
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic , crushed
1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
5-6 large Portobello Mushrooms , stem removed, washed and dried thoroughly with a paper towel
5-6 fresh mozzarella cheese balls , sliced thinly
1 cup grape (or cherry) tomatoes, sliced thinly
fresh basil , shredded to garnish
- Balsamic Glaze:
(or you can use store bought, or this recipe)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons brown sugar (OPTIONAL)
- Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat. Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven.
- Combine all of the Garlic Butter ingredients together in a small saucepan (or microwave safe bowl), and melt until garlic is fragrant. Brush the bottoms of each mushroom and place them, buttered side down, on a baking tray.
- Flip and brush any remaining garlic over the insides of each cap. Fill each mushroom with the mozzarella slices and tomatoes, and grill/broil until cheese has melted and golden in colour (about 8 minutes).
- To serve, top with the basil, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- For the Balsamic Glaze:
- (If making from scratch, prepare while mushrooms are in the oven.) Combine sugar (if using) and vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until mixture has thickened and reduced to a glaze. (If not using sugar, allow to reduce for 12-15 minutes on low heat).
- Source: https://cafedelites.com/caprese-stuffed-garlic-butter-portobellos/