Creamy Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
Creamy Spinach Stuffed MushroomsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
10 medium Portobello mushrooms (or 5 large ones)
200g baby spinach leaves
3-4 tbsp. sour cream (or softened cream cheese)
4-5 tbsp. parmesan cheese, freshly grated
3 tbsp. butter, divided
2 tsp garlic puree (or crushed garlic)
- Remove stems from mushrooms and wipe any dirt off with a paper towel.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter, and brush over mushrooms, inside and out. Set aside.
- Finely chop mushrooms stems.
- Melt remaining butter in a large pan or skillet. Add chopped mushroom stems and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic puree, stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach and stir to coat spinach in garlicky butter.
- Once spinach is wilted and reduced in size, remove from heat, stir in sour cream and then set aside.
- Preheat griddle pan over a medium/high heat.
- Lay spinach mixture into center of mushrooms, sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan and place them on preheated griddle. Allow to cook for 10-12 minutes until mushrooms are juicy, firm but tender and a glossy, dark brown color.
- Place pan under a hot grill for last two minutes of cooking time.
- Once done, remove and let them cool for couple of minute.
- Serve warm with crusty bread. Enjoy!