Garlic Pasta Stuffed Mushrooms
Garlic Pasta Stuffed MushroomsCourse: Appetizers, SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
6 large Portobello mushrooms, caps and gills removed
1 1/2 cups spaghetti
4 slices bacon
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
6 slices mozzarella
6 slices of provolone
1 1/4 sticks of butter
3 cloves garlic, chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare spaghetti according directions on package. Drain and set aside.
- Lay mushrooms on a baking sheet. Hollow out inside of them, leaving empty mushroom tops. Place 1 cube of butter and season with salt and pepper at the center of each.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, until mushrooms are soft but still holding their shape. Turn oven to low broil.
- Fry bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel, drain and roughly chop. Reserve bacon grease in pan.
- Add butter in pan and melt, followed by garlic and sauté for 2 minutes until fragrant. Remove pa from heat.
- Add cooked pasta and chopped bacon back into pan, along with cream and a half cup of Parmesan. Stir to coat completely.
- Swirl pasta into rounds and place into mushrooms; using a fork.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Top with mozzarella and provolone.
- Bake in oven on low broil for 3-4 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Remove, sprinkle with the chopped parsley. Serve immediately!