Grilled Cheese Burger
Breakfast is no longer boring with this Grilled Cheese Burger. It’s butter bread, topped with sliced cheddar then cooked until cheese is melty. It’s then assembled with a burger and another grilled cheese sandwich. Coming out tasty and tangy, these burgers surely get you hooked. My kids are now big fans of them. They eat up every bite of it. Yummy!
Grilled Cheese BurgerCourse: Breakfast, Brunch, LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This grilled cheese burger is perfect to make all year. It’s an appealing breakfast and lunch, and even snack if you prefer.
8 lices white bread
8 slices cheddar
3/4 lb. ground beef
4 tbsp. butter
Freshly ground black pepper
Ketchup, for serving
- Spread butter onto one side of each slice of bread. Cover with 2 slices of cheddar onto butter-free side of four slices. Top with remaining bread, butter side-up.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sandwiches, in a single later. Cook, flipping once, until bread is very lightly golden on each side and cheese is just starting melt. Remove from pan and wipe out skillet.
- Season burgers with salt and pepper, and increase heat to medium-high.
- Add burgers and cook until seared on both sides and cooked to your liking, about 4 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- To assemble, place a grilled cheese on a plate then top with a burger and another grilled cheese.
- Cut in half and serve with ketchup.