Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed MushroomsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 oz can minced jalapenos , drained
2 cloves garlic , grated or finely minced
8 oz cream cheese , softened to room temperature
8 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
21 white button mushrooms , cleaned and stems removed
salt and pepper , to taste
additional cheddar cheese for topping (optional)
sliced green onions (for garnish)
minced fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and set aside.
- To a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, bacon, cheese, jalapenos, garlic and salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Spoon approximately 1 Tbsp of filling into each mushroom cap (this amount will vary depending on the size of your mushrooms), then sprinkle with additional cheese (if using).
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until mushrooms are piping hot and cheese is lightly golden brown.
- Carefully remove mushrooms from baking sheet (they won’t feel very firm – a wide spatula is good for this), and let sit at room temperature on a plate for 5 minutes or so. Serve sprinkled with sliced green onions and/or minced parsley (if using).
- Source: https://www.thechunkychef.com/jalapeno-popper-stuffed-mushrooms/