Low-carb Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Low-carb Stuffed Portobello MushroomsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
4 Portobello mushrooms, stalks separated
1 cup shredded cheese mix (cheddar, mozzarella, and jack cheese)
4 slices bacon
1/2 cup diced onions about 1/4 onion
3 cloves garlic minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Fry bacon strips in a wide oven-safe pan over medium heat until crispy or to your preference, 5-10 minutes, turning occasionally. Reserve bacon grease.
- Transfer to a paper towel to drain and let cool. Then crumble into small pieces.
- Dice mushroom stalks and add them to pan. Add diced onions and minced garlic.
- Stir and cook over medium heat until onions are browning and crisping, about 5 minutes; stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring mushrooms and onions to a large mixing bowl, leaving any oil in pan. Add shredded cheese mix, salt, and pepper to the mixing bowl, then stir until well-mixed. Stir in bacon.
- Fill Portobello mushrooms with bacon mixture. Place onto the same pan, arranging them side-by-side.
- Bring pan to oven and bake until mushrooms are cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
- Serve immediately!